Monday, April 7, 2003

We finally got power back - Central NY was hit pretty heavily by an ice storm this weekend, so I had a forced tv deprivation (except for the little handheld tv a family member brought over on Saturday night for the big SU game - go SU!). I didn’t miss television at all! We couldn’t go outside for a bit due to falling branches - no damage to the house or cars, thank goodness. We only lost 3 trees and a whole lotta limbs - minor compared to everyone else. And even though the sump pump couldn’t do its job, we only had to bail out the cistern a few times - with the only pitcher small enough to fit that was handy: a carnivalware pitcher. (the colored shiny glassware that you find in antique stores!)



I didn’t have a real artist’s date, but I did have some nice quiet time due to all this, which was much needed - not only for my health, but for artistic reflection. I also got a start on Elisir, which I’ve been wanting to do for some time now. This whole weekend made me realize that although I have been taking time for me, I *haven’t* been taking time for me, if you know what I mean. It was *real* quiet time. It encouraged me to think about a retreat - religious or otherwise. I’m not sure yet. I just have this feeling there are some things in the back of my brain that I need to think through that aren’t coming out in the morning pages yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment