Sunday, December 5, 2004

Just got back from a thoroughly enjoyable evening of caroling at the Linklane House in Cazenovia for the Chanson Fundraiser for Syracuse Opera. The carolers truly sang for their supper (interesting singing inbetween the courses!), which was fabulous. A couple of us had a portabello mushroom and pasta dish that was to die for, not to mention the truffles for dessert that several of us just picked up and ate with our fingers, as they otherwise would have spent the better part of the dessert course sliding around our plates in the cream sauce as we attempted to pierce the yummy dark chocolate exterior with our knives! I was even able to fit into a smaller dress than I had in the past, which was my high point, actually. It's been so long since the weight has really wanted to come off. Every little bit I can do to help myself lose the weight is going a long way right now. I know, I know, the chocolate truffles were probably not fantastic for the diet, but they were small!! And I've discovered that if I treat myself now and then, it isn't too bad. Back to work on Amahl!

No comments:

Post a Comment