Sunday, December 19, 2004

Ok - in case there's any question, 3 performances in 12 hours is a bit much. We did two performances of Amahl on Friday, plus a group that several of the adult cast members belong to had a concert that night, and the kings and I were invited to join them and sing the quartet as a promo for Amahl. A very generous gesture, but a couple of us are utterly exhausted. I've been keeping it pretty low key since then, and am only posting this brief note to remind myself to be more careful in the future. Fortunately, all I am is exhausted - not sick. Now that I've pampered myself a bit this evening (a nice mineral bath), I'm headed back to sleep. Rule #1: Always take care of yourself! Don't let your health suffer!


On a positive (brief) note - Amahl is such a wonderful experience for me personally. It's the first time an opera and my faith have intersected in such a direct manner. It's nice to be able to present such a positive message!

No comments:

Post a Comment