Monday, May 26, 2003

It's Memorial Day (celebrated, that is) in 2003 and I'm looking forward to spending part of my summer in Indiana working on this craziness we call a theatrical career. I absolutely love it - even when I'm on a 10 foot platform with no railing in the back and I'm petrified every minute. I was proud of myself: I really came a long way in conquering my fear of heights during MacBeth. I would never have been able to do it, though, without the assistance of my fellow choristers. I actually walked across the platform by myself before our final rehearsal. Had to stop once in the center, but I made it. (You guys are all faboo - just in case you didn't know that already!)


Anyhoo - about Indiana. I'll be at Rising Star Singer's Audition Works. Two lessons a week, two coachings a week, private diction lessons (with Patrice!!!!), acting,

movement, and 3 concerts in 3 weeks, among other activities. I'm getting anxious to find out what I'll be singing for the concerts! In the meantime, I've got the church gig, the June 8th CMM benefit (Glitter and Be Gay and Make Your Garden Grow. I almost can put Cunegonde down as a role I've studied!), and the Female Charitable Society Annual Meeting. I'll be singing most of my audition arias in a low pressure situation and getting paid (depending on how much the accompanist wants) for it to boot. So far: Baby Doe's Willow Song, Caro nome, Olympia and something more relaxed. Maybe One Kiss (the Romberg). I need something semi-familiar to the general membership. Or something more musical theaterish. Glitter's just too long to consider for inclusion, if that's what you're thinking. Then I go to Indiana!

No comments:

Post a Comment