Sunday, May 11, 2003

Now that things have calmed down a bit more, I’ve discovered that trying to get back into MP’s are harder than I thought (but they’ve been a struggle for me the last couple of rounds that we’ve had through the book.) I actually didn’t do *any* this week, but intend to rectify that!



I am doing this because I know I can achieve more that I have been in my performing career, and I really feel this is the career where God wants me to be. It’s performing where I feel the most like me - not teaching music in the public schools, which is where I was before leaving to get an MM in vocal performance due to the suggestion of a wonderfully supportive voice teacher. However, I can be the worst critic for myself and tend not to believe that I *can* do this career, despite the best support from some wonderful people in the business. The Artist’s Way was suggested by my current teacher.



Artist’s Date: we did our outreach show for an Arts Festival supported by a local church (their gift to the community). It’s a juried visual arts show with free performing arts concerts - all local artists. I went early and used the time to wander through the exhibits, which was a nice, peaceful time. No major breakthroughs, but it was a wonderful time to breathe and relax before a performance.



Synchronicity: probably the Artist’s Date. I wasn’t supposed to be the one performing my role at that performance, so I wouldn’t have been at the art show. All in all, it worked out well, and I have extra paycheck coming in.



Goals:

1. continue AW and FlyLady - special focus on morning pages!

2. exercise: continue to use yoga breathing tape for energy.

3. practice for FUUS concert 5/17: Baby Doe: “Willow Song” (rehearse with accompanist)

4. practice for Benefit concert in June for CMM: “Glitter and be Gay” and add “Make Our Garden Grow”

5. Keep organizing music, etc for Rising Star

5a. Send deposit to Rising Star

6. Put together copies of music for late June mini recital for local charitable organization. Use summer program rep and get it to accompanist. Set up rehearsal for 2 weeks from now.

7. Keep up with early bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment