Saturday, May 3, 2003

With both Dido and MacBeth, I’ve been taking everything else pretty easy (especially while still under the recovery process!). MacBeth’s final performance is tomorrow - we got a 4 star in the paper this morning. Everything AW (and FlyLady for me too!) had been pushed to the side as I’ve been sleeping a lot and just focusing on performing - even subbing for an afternoon - 2 45 min. music theory classes, the lunch and planning periods just wiped me out. So, I’m going to get back on track this week. (starting Monday morning!).



Oh - and the result of my Dido and Aeneas dilemma from a few weeks back: the performance was okay. My mom said I wasn’t as strong as I usually am. Usually she’ll just say: “Oh, you were wonderful, dear!” no matter what, so it’s a step forward for her. But if there was any question in anyone’s mind, I am *Not* a mezzo :-). Everyone else sang beautifully - the Belinda graduated from the same high school I did a few years after me (I had just graduated college and was subbing at my old HS) - we even worked with the same teacher for a while. It was a real treat to hear how her voice has simply blossomed!



The following AW related things did happen:



Synchronicity: my high school chorus teacher handed me a large bag when I walked in for the aforementioned 1/2 day of subbing and said “Here’s a present for all the help you’ve given me this year.” It was a huge home spa kit that has been greatly appreciated during my recovery. My artist dates, at least, have been kept up!



And my major news: (drum roll): I received my formal acceptance letter to study at Rising Star Singers’ Audition Works from July 19-August 7. The acceptance letter was so positive (”The faculty unanimously accepts your application....”) that it totally made up for all the rejection letters during the recent YAP audition season!!



Goals:

1. Restart AW and FlyLady

2. exercise - use yoga breathing tape if still too tired

3. practice for FUUS concert: “Now...Later...Soon” and Baby Doe’s “Willow Song” (schedule rehearsals with accompanist)

4. practice for Benefit concert in June for CMM: “Glitter and be Gay”

5. Organize music, etc for Rising Star

6. Contact accompanist for late June mini recital for local charitable organization, discuss possible rep. (use summer program rep as much as possible)

7. Friday performance of outreach show (in my hometown - finally!)

No comments:

Post a Comment